- This event has passed.
The Grande Dame of Southern Cooking: A Tribute to Edna Lewis
February 7 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm CST
For ages 18 & up
Created by one of the greatest American chefs and the African-American woman known for focusing on the importance of seasonal and regional foods to Southern cooking, these recipes will introduce you to the diversity and deliciousness of Southern food. You’ll create a flavorful cracker to enjoy with your not-too-spicy crab; learn to saute chicken; and make one of Edna Lewis’s favorite desserts.
For ages 18 & up. 21 or older? You’ll enjoy a glass of wine paired with your meal.
- Benne Seed Biscuits
- Deviled Crab
- Sauteed Chicken with Hominy Casserole
- Tyler Pie with Freshly Grated Coconut
Safety & Precautions
- At check-in, you will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the Cooking School.
- For that reason, we ask that all attendees arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the confirmed start time of the class.
- Some COVID-related restrictions may apply.