- This event has passed.
Steakhouse, Fonda San Miguel-style
September 29 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm CDT
For ages 18 & up
Fonda San Miguel, the iconic restaurant in Austin, was one of the first in the state to offer authentic Mexican food. We’ve taken a page from their amazing cookbook to show you how to create a mole and how to produce the traditional thin strip of meat that is then quickly grilled to create carne asada. As our instructors show you how to make each dish, you’ll sit back, relax and enjoy.
For ages 18 & up. 21 & up? Enjoy a glass of wine with your meal.
- Cheese Enchilada with Mole Poblano
- Roasted Poblano Chiles & Onions
- Frijoles Refritos
- Carne Asada a la Tampiquena
- Almond Flan
Safety & Precautions
- At check-in, you will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the Cooking School.
- For that reason, we ask that all attendees arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the confirmed start time of the class.
- Some COVID-related restrictions may apply.