Seasonal Supper with Donae Burston, La Fete Wine Company
February 16 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm CST
For ages 21 & up
Enjoy a taste of the South of France in mid-February! During this relaxed dinner, Donae Burston, founder of La Fete Wine Company, will introduce you to his two offerings which are made in conjunction with the oldest vineyard on the St. Tropez peninsula.
We’ve selected some traditional dishes from the region to pair with these beauties, from a fruit-filled salad with goat cheese and nuts; a first course of steamed salmon; to chicken roasted with lemon, herbs & spices; and ending with a show-stopping lemon tart. As you sample each course paired with a La Fete wine, our instructors will show you how to master these simple, flavorful dishes.
For ages 21 & up.
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad with Assorted Lettuces, Toasted Hazelnuts, Figs, & Fresh Strawberries paired with La Fete du Provence Rose
- Salmon Steamed in Parchment with Sauce Vierge paired with La Fete du Provence Rose
- Chicken Thighs Roasted with Lemon, Rosemary, & Spices served with Roasted Garlic Aioli, Haricot Vert, & Tiny Potatoes paired with La Fete Blanc
- French Lemon Tart
Donae Burston created La Fete wines because “there wasn’t a rose brand that spoke to diverse audiences.” His rose has proven to be so popular and has been so well-received that he has added La Fete Blanc to his offerings.
La Fete du Rose made its debut in the summer of 2019 and is the first Black-owned rose wine from St. Tropez, France. This rose is a pale pink wine with hints of summer fruit. It offers a complex and balanced mouth feel, with bright, refreshing acidity. La Fete Blanc, produced in the heart of St. Tropez, is a delicate wine with a beautiful, bright, golden color with notes of ripe yellow fruits and hints of apple.
“La Fete is a party and everyone is invited.” Donae Burston
Safety & Precautions
- At check-in, you will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the Cooking School.
- For that reason, we ask that all attendees arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the confirmed start time of the class.
- Some COVID-related restrictions may apply.