Celebrate Diwali: The Indian Festival of Light
October 22 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm CDT
For ages 18 & up
Celebrate the Festival of Light, Indian-style, at this come & go event. A background of Bollywood music will set the stage for a sea of fresh marigolds; henna hand painting; a feast of meatless dishes to sample – from street-style tidbits to sweet treats; and a colorful backdrop for your social media photos. Drop by early for the festivities if you have other pans for the evening or join us a little later for the food, fun, and lighting of Diwali candles on the upstairs patio as the sun sets.
Sapna Punjabi-Gupta, our cultural ambassador and culinary wellness expert will provide insight into the traditions during the evening.
For ages 18 & up. Tickets are priced per person.
- Pani Puri (Crispy, Bite-sized Shells, an Assortment of Fillings, topped with Herb & Spice-flavored Water)
- Papdi Chaat (A Custominzed Street Food Snack with Layers of Vegetables, Toppings, & Chutneys)
- Grilled Paneer Tikka Skewers (Indian Cheese & Veggies with a Tikka Sauce)
- Mumbai Bhutta Masala (Spiced, Grilled Corn on the Cob)
- Pindi Chole with Naan Bites (Fragrant, Spiced Garbanzo Beans)
- Namkeen & Mithai Stand (a Grazing Board filled with Indian snacks)
- Shahi Tukda (Dessert of Fried Bread, soaked in Sugar, with Thickened Milk & Nuts)
- Gulub Jamun (Deep-fried Dough soaked in a Sweet Cardamom Saffron Syrup)
Safety & Precautions
- At check-in, you will be asked to sign a waiver before entering the Cooking School.
- For that reason, we ask that all attendees arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the confirmed start time of the class.
- Some COVID-related restrictions may apply.